[meteorite-list] Earth Impactors

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:10 2004

Mmmmmm... what exactly does "wide destruction" mean? Probably putting a
hole in someone's roof, denting a car, or even killing a dog <g> doesn't
count. How big a crater do you want? Does it matter if it craters an
uninhabited place? Does something that destroys a building count more
than something that displaces a lot of Pacific water? I believe
marble-sized is the minimum size for a meteorite to survive the plunge
through the atmosphere, but I don't know the parameters for "how bad is
bad".

Tracy Latimer