[meteorite-list] First Ureilite in my collection

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:31 2004

Hello All!

I just received my very first ureilite, Dhofar 132. It weighs in at
a whopping 9 grams (I had successfully bid on it on EBay about a
week ago). Wow, what a sight under the microscope. You clearly see
all those elongated olivine and pyroxene mineral grains with their
preferred orientation (see McSWEEN H.Y. (1999) Meteorites and Their
Parent Planets, p. 146 for a poor reproduction of that glorious view),
the triple junctions and the dark, carbonaceous matter filling the
spaces between the grains. Thank you Serguei for such a beautiful
specimen!

Best regards,

Bernd