[meteorite-list] Earth Nearly Hit Again?

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:34 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C2196B.9232E800

Those same people that downplay an impact are the same ones that are =
downplaying another terrorist attack. Luckily these people are easy to =
spot....They are the ones with their asses in the air and their heads in =
the sand.

An impact will occur, I am no scientist but I am smart enough to know =
that it will happen, and wise enough to know it will probably catch us =
earthlings off guard. Living in Arizona and having been to see our =
crater, I also know that big or small an impact will not be a laughing =
matter. If we are all lucky it will hit an ocean and spare humanity, if =
we are not so lucky it may be alot worse.

The sad thing is that humans can get so arrogent about their =
intelligence and technology, thinking we have all the answers. Mother =
nature and the universe cares little about technology and cares even =
less about intelligence. We humans in Arizona and Colorado are =
witnessing that first hand. For all or our intelligence and all of our =
technology we stand nearly powerless as fire rips through our states. We =
have used fire for 1000's of years, some say that mastering the use of =
fire helped our specie evolve. Right now it is making us run like the =
helpless creatures we can sometimes be. Where will we run to when an =
asteroid makes it to our Earth and does not miss?

My 2 cents....Mark M.

  ----- Original Message -----=20