[meteorite-list] [Fwd: scam]

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:24 2004

Hi, List,

    What's it worth? Well, you can find this particular myth of our times
explained at the following website:

    <http://www.scambusters.org/Scambusters22.html>

    Just page down to URBAN LEGEND #3...

Sterling K. Webb

Walter Sullivan wrote:

> On general principles, I don't forward these things. Mostly thery're a
> silly way of finding out who your friends are, as if you didn't already
> know. But I know the sender of this one quite well. He is a retired CA
> judge, and very little gets past him. So, take it for what it's worth.
>
> Alana
>
> > PLEASE PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

    I omit re-mailing the story to everybody. No point in propagating one more
technological myth. --- SKW