[meteorite-list] Rose City Michigan question

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:29 2004

--B_3099056442_242679

Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone has a slice of the Rose City chondrite they could
compare with the slice offered in this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1081837462

All of the photos I have seen of Rose City show an almost black colored
matrix. This is not exactly a dark matrix. Do you think this is Rose City?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Martin

--B_3099056442_242679

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Rose City Michigan question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Hello All,<BR>
<BR>
I am wondering if anyone has a slice of the Rose City chondrite they could =
compare with the slice offered in this ebay auction:<BR>
<BR>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3D1081837462<BR>
<BR>
All of the photos I have seen of Rose City show an almost black colored mat=
rix. This is not exactly a dark matrix. Do you think this is Rose City?<BR>
<BR>
Thanks in advance for your help.<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>