[meteorite-list] Weathervane Meteorite Found

From: Rick Nowak <internationalmeteoritesociety_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:29 2004

This time while searching via the net for meteorite
recovery we found a iron meteorite-type unknown.

The owner was asked for 200 grams in return for
documenting and listing the meteorite in the
bullention. I think they will give us the grams and
have us broker it if they wish to sell.

Part of the text telling of the meteorite

The giant stone-map today is part of only one of the
five fireplaces in the Weathervane Inn. Another piece
in the fireplace is a meteorite of iron. It fell years
ago over Michigan and was first discovered by Indians.
A second meteorite decorates the Inn's signpost
outside.

Full text can be see at

http://www.charlevoix.lib.mi.us/art13.htm