[meteorite-list] Bensour photos

From: The Earth's Memory <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:31 2004

Dear Mike,

congratulation for bringing back these stones,
it's really risky to export them nowadays.

You're right, it didn't rain yet in this area
but that could happend soon because it's the right season
for it.

Just a remark, Ali Ousou from whom you bought
the material is not saying the truth about the
day of the fall. You should have asked other sources,
the fall was the 12 of February at 16h17 GMT, a lot of people saw it
especially a class of children with their professor. We get several
written witnesses reports including that teatcher, some army soldiers and
other
trustee people around. All have signed description with addresses and ID
numbers
to show that it's not only "a guy with his camel" that we have to trust.

Sincerely,

Bruno & Carine
www.meteorite.fr
www.jurassique.com

ps: we wish a pleasant day to the members of the list

Mike Farmer wrote:

Hey everyone, I am awake and getting ready to leave for the South Pacific.
I threw together a quick page just to show some photos of the Bensour
meteorite. You can see it on my website at:
www.meteoriteguy.com/index.

Check it out, simply beautiful pieces.
I will be selling when I return home. My retail will be almost half what
others are offering it for, so you decide who you want to pay when you look
at the pieces. As I said, not one of them has EVER seen a drop of water, so
the stories that the others are making up (Bessy and Elliot) are just not
true, either in order to manipulate the market or from bad information from
their suppliers.
It has not rained in that area for many months. These are the freshest
meteorites I have seen in all my hunting.