[meteorite-list] Meteor-Wrong Gone from Ebay

From: magellon_at_earthlink.net <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:31 2004

--------------3DE67843FE7D2694EA76A6DA

Bob,
I wrote the seller last night asking what happened. She said," I'm the middle "woman" in this auction. The owner of this was contacted by an employee of the Perkins Conservatory here in Ohio and was asked to bring the item in for testing. He choose to meet with him. I can let you know what conclusions were reached if you'd like."
I wrote back and ask to be kept informed .
Best,
Ken

Bob Martino wrote:

> All,
>
> The eBay auction for the "Vintage Meteorite Ball"
> (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1083831262) was removed
> before it was complete. I don't know if I had anything to do with it, but
> I sent e-mail to the seller and encouraged him to have it checked out.
> This guy is _local_ to me (we both live in Columbus, Ohio), so I thought he
> would have no excuse to not have it looked over if I offered to do so. He
> didn't reply, but he did remove the auction.

> Bob Martino Can you really name a star?
> http://home.columbus.rr.com/starfaq/
> "I look up to the heavens
> but night has clouded over
> no spark of constellation
> no Vela no Orion." -Enya

--------------3DE67843FE7D2694EA76A6DA

Bob,
the middle "woman" in this auction.&nbsp; The owner of this was contacted
by an employee of the Perkins Conservatory here in Ohio and was asked to
bring the item in for testing.&nbsp; He choose to meet with him.&nbsp;
I can let you know what conclusions were reached if you'd like."
was removed
with it, but
he
so.&nbsp; He