[meteorite-list] Preserving Meteorites from humidity

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:31 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C1D188.C05C0CA0

I have a friend that lives along the coast of Maryland near the =
Chesapeake bay. He is an avid duck hunter and swears by the item below. =
It is called a Golden Rod. It is an electric De-Humidifier for Guns. I =
have not used them for my weapons or meteorites. They can be found at =
Cabelas.com Search on Item number:

Golden Rod=20
      Item: IC-210423 =20
      Price: $29.99=20

My buddy in Maryland has way more money than sense and buys outrageously =
expensive shotguns to hunt ducks with. He is anally retentive and keeps =
those guns in prisitine condition. His nome is less than 100 feet from =
salt water.

I have actually been thinking of trying one of these in my meteorite =
case. I always worry that I will get busy and forget to check my =
cannisters one month and find my Brahin slices rusting, my Nantan =
crumbling and my irons browning away. I have a limited budget when it =
comes to buying meteorites and hate to lose them to the humidity any =
sooner than I have too. We use our evaporative cooler here in Arizona in =
the summer time and I have had good luck with the Hydra-Gel cannisters I =
recommended in an earlier email today.

Just thought I would drop in my thoughts on the subject.

Mark M.

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C1D188.C05C0CA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a friend that lives along the =
coast of=20
Maryland near the Chesapeake bay. He is an avid duck hunter and swears =
by the=20
item below. It is called a Golden Rod. It is an electric De-Humidifier =
for Guns.=20
I have not used them for my weapons or meteorites. They can be found at=20
Cabelas.com Search on Item number<B>:</B></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B></B></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B>Golden Rod</B> </DIV>
<TABLE border=3D0 cellPadding=3D0 cellSpacing=3D0>
  <TBODY>
  <TR>
    <TD class=3Dnormal>Item: </TD>
    <TD class=3Dnormal>IC-210423 </TD></TR>
  <TR>
    <TD align=3Dleft class=3Dnormal>Price: </TD>
    <TD class=3Dnormal>$29.99</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My buddy in Maryland has way more money than sense and buys =
outrageously=20
expensive shotguns to hunt ducks with. He is anally retentive and keeps =
those=20
guns in prisitine condition. His nome is less than 100 feet from salt=20
water.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have actually been thinking of trying one of these in my =
meteorite case.=20
I always worry that I will get busy and forget to check my cannisters =
one month=20
and find my Brahin slices rusting, my Nantan crumbling and my irons =
browning=20
away. I have a limited budget when it comes to buying meteorites and =
hate to=20
lose them to the humidity any sooner than I have too. We use our =
evaporative=20
cooler here in Arizona in the summer time and I have had good luck with =
the=20
Hydra-Gel cannisters I recommended in an earlier email today.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Just thought I would drop in my thoughts on the subject.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mark M.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C1D188.C05C0CA0--