[meteorite-list] Peace & Bensour

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:33 2004

Michael, you are correct, I will do my best to stop cursing, and the name
calling is certainly below me, please remind me should I fail to remember
that in the heat that this list often generates. I appreciate that you
understand the dangers and difficulties in making the journey, let me tell
you how it goes.
I leave my house at 6 am, fly to Dallas and sit there for 5 hours, then fly
for 11 hours to Paris, then I have to spend 10 hours in Paris, (remember,
this is after traveling almost 18 hours and being dirty, tired etc). I go
say hello to Alain Carion, then sit at Orly airport for about 4 hours, fly
for 4 hours to Casablanca, sit there for about 4 hours, then fly to my last
destination, arriving there at 11:45 PM, then I drive for 3 hours with my
guide until 3 am local time, that is ~35 hours of travel, to get there, then
deal for several days, then repeat the process, none of it comfortable. the
last minute ticket costs me about $5000.00, that is money I risk without and
guarantee of gain, so I put alot of work and money and a fair amount risk
into this.
The price I am offering is 60% higher than I had hoped, it is still 500%
LOWER than Deans price, 500% LOWER, what is to complain about?

I worked very very hard to get this to the market at the lowest possible
price, and succeeded to drop the price by 500%, if that is not a good thing,
then I do not know what is. I spent $64,000 to do this, I am not willing to
lose that much money, so to sell at my cost means that I flew halfway around
the world for nothing, no profit. So please, think about that, and let me
know if $3.20 gram is a fair price.
Mike Farmer