[meteorite-list] Meteorites as stars

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:47 2004

Michael inquired:

Greg wrote:

> In summation I would submit that the lineage to our specimens
> is as follows: Big Bang, galaxies, stars, solar systems, ourselves.

Hello All!

I am sitting in our backyard enjoying both the wonderful sunny weather
and O.R. Norton's Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites. On page 19
("To Touch a star"), you find this:

"Some researchers proposed that these [= noble gas anomalies]
were signatures of isotopes formed in giant stars and carried
by solid grains to the solar nebua and hence to meteorites."

Best regards,

Bernd