[meteorite-list] Large dinosuar therorists

From: John Reed <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:50 2004

--------------4B01D0BC38101970FD6A7601

Large Dinosaurs
The other day I was planting some plants and I thought, What element in
this crazy universe would it take to really jack up the growth rate in
these plants? I mean a Jack and the bean stalk sort of thing and I
remembered that up in Alaska there's a place I can't remember the name?
Where the vegetables grow like 10 times there normal rate, cabbages
weigh around 300 lb. for example The reason, 20 or so hours of sunlight
per day during the peak growing season The reason these plants in Alaska
get so big it seems? is the hours per day of sunlight because over all
the plants receive less sunlight then plants growing lower in the
hemisphere because of the shorter growing season I believe the plants
must get some kind of second wind So then you guys were writing in about
big dinos came in with a bang like a jack and the bean stalk story in
relative terms
So are any of these ideas possible? 1 An impact slowed the earth down
making the days, and nights for that matter, longer 2 An impact tipped
the earth some how towards the sun and therefore there were more hours
of sunlight shinning on majority of the population of dino's
 How about this also, The impact acted as a fertilizer pellet and
released sulfur? or nitrogen? iron ? and it had the same reaction as
when you fertilize your lawn? everything turned lush
Thanks John

--------------4B01D0BC38101970FD6A7601

Large Dinosaurs<br>
The other day I was planting some plants and I thought, What element in
this crazy universe would it take to really jack up the growth rate in
these plants? I mean a Jack and the bean stalk sort of thing&nbsp; and
I remembered that up in Alaska there's a place I can't remember the name?
Where the vegetables grow like 10 times there normal rate, cabbages weigh
around 300 lb. for example The reason, 20 or so hours of sunlight per day
during the peak growing season The reason these plants in Alaska get so
big it seems? is the <b>hours per day </b>of sunlight because over all
the plants receive less sunlight then plants growing&nbsp;&nbsp; lower
in the hemisphere&nbsp; because of the shorter growing season&nbsp; I believe
the plants must get some kind of second wind So then you guys were writing
in about big dinos came in with a bang&nbsp; like a jack and the bean stalk
story in relative terms&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>
So are any of these ideas possible? 1 An impact slowed the earth down making
the days, and nights for that matter, longer&nbsp; 2 An impact tipped the
earth some how towards the sun&nbsp; and therefore there were more hours
of sunlight shinning on majority of the population of dino's&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;How about this also, The impact acted as a fertilizer pellet and
released sulfur? or nitrogen? iron ? and it had the same reaction as when
you fertilize your lawn? everything turned lush<br>
Thanks John</html>