[meteorite-list] Kaali meteorite - Estonia, 400BC?

From: STUARTATK_at_aol.com <STUARTATK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:54 2004

--part1_17e.91c138d.2a28c38d_boundary

Hi all,

Doing some research for a radio slot, and am intrigued by the "Kaali"
meteorite which fell in Estonia around 400BC; in the brief net searches I've
done so far I've found intriguing references to the Sun being blocked out by
the impact, localised environmental devastation and even "human
casualties"... Couple of websites say that there's a large crater in Estonia,
and several (as many as 8?) smaller craters nearby, but am just wondering if
anyone out there has any more specific info about this impact?

Thanks in advance for all info / help,

Stu

--part1_17e.91c138d.2a28c38d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Hi all,
<BR>
<BR>Doing some research for a radio slot, and am intrigued by the "Kaali" meteorite which fell in Estonia around 400BC; in the brief net searches I've done so far I've found intriguing references to the Sun being blocked out by the impact, localised environmental devastation and even "human casualties"... Couple of websites say that there's a large crater in Estonia, and several (as many as 8?) smaller craters nearby, but am just wondering if anyone out there has any more specific info about this impact?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks in advance for all info / help,
<BR>
<BR>Stu</FONT></HTML>

--part1_17e.91c138d.2a28c38d_boundary--