[meteorite-list] eBay Fraud Control...

From: Nick Gessler <gessler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:17 2004

Some time ago I remember putting up an obvious fraudulent meteorite on
eBay.<br>
It was intended as a warning to gullible eBayers.<br>
I believe I offered &quot;dried wasps from Mars&quot; as an alternative
to the &quot;Frass Meteorite Insects.&quot;<br>
It was a lot of fun and I thank many of you for bidding (I never
collected).<br><br>
So I was amused to find someone else using the same technique...<br>
Have a look at this auction:<br>
Anyone who collects early US stamps will know immediately that something is wrong.<br>
It's a great read and a nice idea revisited...<br><br>
When I discussed the technique with eBay lawyers a few years ago they weren't too thrilled.<br>
&quot;As long as you were selling something,&quot; they said, &quot;it was OK.&quot;<br><br>
Anyway, enjoy...<br><br>
Nick</html>