[meteorite-list] Identity Theft

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:17 2004

Hello Art,

A number of List members have notified me that they
have received a message, apparently emanating from
Luxembourg, with my name forged upon it. Today, I
just now found in my "Bulk Mail - Spam" folder this
very same message (see below).

This isn't the first time that I have received a Spam
message with MY name (or bolidechaser) as being the
"sender", but this is the first time that there was no
advertisement in the body of the message, only a
repeat of one of my earlier posts to the List (more
like a virus than a spam).

Just wanted to thank those that notified me and, for
those that were intending, to spare them the trouble.
For the time being the prudent course for List members
would be to delete any post that you receive from me,
and if you want to confirm that it was genuine, you
can always go the monthly Archives (by date) to read
the posts virus-free!!:

<http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2002-November/date.html>

My apologies for this OT post,
Bob V.
The "real Robert Verish" (no, really, I am...)