[meteorite-list] Thankful For Meteorite and

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:18 2004

Hello Sarah,

Good to have you back on the List!

Sarah wrote:

> So my pick of the piece I own and am thankful for is: NWA 482

My pick would be the piece I purchased from Dean some time
ago: My as yet unclassified BL #18 - a beautiful, regmaglypted,
brecciated meteorite.

> The prettiest piece: Glorietta

My prettiest: the piece I mentioned in the interview I gave in
the April 2002 issue of Meteorite Times: S a h a r a 99420.

> And the piece I wished I had: Lake Murray

I wish I had a sizable piece of DaG 400
- a truly fascinating lunar meteorite.

> And the favorite pieces ... (only two):
> Beaverhead breccia and Jack Hills Zircon
> (dated at 4.3 BILLION years old).

My latest additions are usually my favorite pieces:

1. Eric Twelker's colorful Hadejia slice with its aweful
    brecciation and its clastic, regolith-like matrix.

2. An equally breathtaking, brecciated but hitherto
    unclasified NWA slice I got from list member
    Simon de Boer.

> And of course I am thankful for my friends
> on the list of meteorite central, ...

Proud to be one
of your friends,

Bernd