[meteorite-list] Help A Brother Out - Wrap Up

From: Rob Wesel <Nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:56 2004

Hello all-

I wanted to chime in and let you know that the last of the pieces are
currently up on eBay with starting prices at the lowest offer yet.

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/nakhladog/

We did well, damn near $20,000.00 in three weeks time. The list response was
overwhelming and took up ~80% of the inventory...that's the way he wanted
it.

I am honored to have gotten to know some of you much better during the
course of this sale. I dealt with every type of collector and dealer from
the advanced to the novice and everything in between.

There are several of you out there that spent over $1000 during this sale.
The highest total for any one buyer exceeds $6000!

Special thanks for the donations; cash, books, meteorites. I just had an
eBay winner the other day win a piece then "pad the shipping" to reflect the
actual market value. Thanks to the dealers who recognized their pieces and
bought them back.

Things are no better, but at least now there is money to move forward.
Amazing for how much we know that sometimes medicine is still in the early
stages of discovery.

He kept about 40 pieces and has no intention to sell them at this time. He
kept all the specimen boxes and plans to fill them up.

He knows who bought every piece, you might get a call one of these days.

If you do not intend to bid for any of the eBay pieces and you have a box
with me then it's time to ship. Send me an email and we'll talk about
insurance. I have a list of each piece sold but if you could send me your
tally, I can compare and make sure there is no error.

We are done, that's it. I hope I made it fun for most. I know I made it
frustrating for some. It was a pleasure getting to know you.

Thanks for helping a brother out.

--
Rob Wesel