[meteorite-list] SCAM IMPORTANT READ

From: Rafael B. Torres <spacecollection2001_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:00 2004

Hello allĦĦĦ, Ive seen the entries that some person from Nigeria has a
meteorite and he wants to introduce himself in the bussines. Two months ago
I got a mail from a person in Nigeria offering me 20% of a transaction just
for allowing him to use my bank account for the transaction (getting the
money out of Nigeria). It seemed kinda fraud, but I answered the mail and he
answered me, everything was fine, he indeed existed. Well two days later I
decided to investigate on the internet about this person, and I found out it
was a fraud, but I didnt know how. The answer came to me a day later when a
big TV chain here in Mexico (Televisa) made a documentary on this kind of
mails. What they did is that they created a false bank account with an
invented name of a person and they decided to contact them, first they
replied the mail and he answered them, then they contacted him vio phone to
Nigeria, once again he answered and everything seemed fine, he didnt ask for
any bank account, but at the end he required some personal data for itĦĦĦĦĦ,
well the bank account was depletedĦĦĦĦ, it was a fraud (but as everything
was fake, no real money was lost)...so this TV chain sent a WARNING message
to us, dont answer this kind of mails. THIS PEOPLE IS DANGEROUS AND HAVE
MADE A LOT OF FRAUDS, look in the internet, they have even killed people for
contacting them. This seems to be a huge chain of frauds coming from Nigeria
(One of the most corrupt countries in the world).

LOOK I DONT THIS GUIDE FROM NIGERIA, I cant say is a fraud, cuz I dont
really know, what I wanted you to know is that this frauds exists, so be
careful on what you share with this people, this is real and no fake, its a
serious problem. SO PLS JUS BE CAREFUL on what you talk to thiskind of
people.

            =0)
Rafael B. Torres
Space Collection 2001