[meteorite-list] Tucson 2003 Party Announcement

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:01 2004

Dear Listees:

Between all the talk about parties at Meteor Crater, and the many
enquiries I have received by those wishing to make advance travel
plans for Tucson 2003, I guess now is as good a time as any to
announce:

The Fourth Annual Meteor Mayhem Birthday Bash & Harvey Meteorite Awards Dinner
Friday, February 7, 2003 - 8 pm 'til mighty late
At the world famous La Fuente Restaurant
1749 North Oracle Road, Tucson, Arizona
http://www.lafuenterestaurant.com

As always, your hosts will be the birthday twins: Steve Arnold and Geoff Notkin
As always, Wild West costumes are encouraged but not required : )
As always, there will be margaritas, merriment, and music by order of
the town Sheriff! (Yes, we have booked the excellent Mexican band)

During the course of the evening, your hosts will present the 2003
Harvey Awards for outstanding achievement in the world of meteorite
collecting. The judges are entirely biased and subjective, and are
open to bribes as of today.

If you received an invitation for the 2002 party, there is no need to
RSVP - you are still on the guest list and will receive one for 2003.
If you did not attend the the Notkin/Arnold party in 2002, please do
RSVP to me by the end of the year -- with your POSTAL address -- so
we can mail you a fancy specially-designed invite.

All are welcome, especially new List members and those making their
first visit to the Tucson show. This is a unique opportunity to meet
most of the meteorite collecting community in one shot.

Photos from the 2002 party are available here:

http://www.paleozoic.org/tucson.htm [click on "Events" on the main page]

And please note the scheduling change . . . for your added
convenience! The 2002 party was held on the Saturday night before the
Macovich Collection auction, and some unfortunate souls had to get up
early and bid with hangovers. The 2003 party is on the Friday night,
with no functions scheduled for Saturday morning! Aren't you lucky.

Further reminders will be posted closer to the date.

Regards to all,

Geoff Notkin