[meteorite-list] Mystery

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:05 2004

Hi Steve,
        I have it on good authority a monitor cannot display finer than 72
dpi. However, you can SET the dpi to anything - and apparently, 300 dpi
is a good print level IF you are printing - but totally unnecessary for
web viewing and increasing the dpi WOULD increase download time.
In my instance, it was gif vs. jpg only. JPG is much faster.
        Someone may know how high is best for printing, but I always assumed
it was the highest dpi obtainable.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
Worth Seeing: