[meteorite-list] NWA482 Total Weight?

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:05 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C280E8.0290B080

Clam down a little Mike. Sorry, if you seen that as an attack against yo=
u Mike, it was just something I have wondered about for a while, somethin=
g I have heard others wonder about as well...so I asked. I have no probl=
em with you or Strope and I think you two have done a great job on gettin=
g many of these African meteorite classified. Something we are all great=
full for. =20

The fact is however, the stone was offered to most of the people that dea=
l in moroccan meteorites and it was reportably 1278 grams. I do not kno=
w anything about the deal you and the Hupes had in morocco and I do not c=
laim to know. Also, I have not claimed to have been to morrocco before J=
an. 2001, just that I was offered the stone, as was most of the people th=
at have purchased meteorites from morocco were offered the stone and that=
 I was told it was 1278 grams. Believe it or not, you do not have to go t=
o Morocco to purchase from there. I do not know anything about troubles y=
ou and European dealers have had and I do not think that has anything to =
do with me. I have sold some penthouses on eBay, like the issue with Mar=
ilyn Monroes photos, but to say that Penthouse is all I was selling a yea=
r ago is quite far fetched.

I have met the Hupes on a couple occasions now and have e-mailed with the=
m several times. I have purchased from them and sold to them. They are p=
robley the two most people excited by African meteorites and have put a l=
ot of time, effort and money into their finds, the hobby is better off wi=
th them around I believe. When I first arrived at Blaine Reed's room in=
 Denver, Adam took out his latest Mars rock and placed it in my hand. Be=
ing the largest piece of Mars I have ever touched I thought that was pret=
ty cool. =20

NWA482 is a very nice meteorite and most of your investors are quite happ=
y so I think you can consider that a success. I purchased a 0.170 gram p=
iece from Jim Strope many months ago and am quite happy with it. It has =
a glass vein and a bump on the crust from a flow line, what more could yo=
u ask for in a small specimen?

Not sure of any legal trouble I could get into asking a question and sayi=
ng what I was told before you even had the stone. Unlike you own e-mail,=
 I did not mention any dealer or person in a negative way. This is possi=
bly an error or a misleading on a moroccan dealers part, however I do not=
 feel wrong is asking from more information.

Mark Bostick