[meteorite-list] Re: Civilized Strewnfields

From: James_TOM Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:19 2004

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV></DIV>
<P>Hey Robert &amp; List, I think trying at Meteor Crater would be a great idea. If you get a employee to go out and supervise and promise to give all the recovered meteorites to them, with an&nbsp;emphasis on non-destructive collecting habits. Like filling in your holes, you might have a shot at hunting there! Free publicity for the crater<BR><BR>Thanks, Tom</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: "robert szep" <ZEPROX_at_ALBEDO.NET>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>To: <METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Subject: [meteorite-list] Re: Civilized Strewnfields
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 21:40:58 -0700
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>----- Original Message -----
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: robert szep
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>To: meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 9:35 PM
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Civilized Strewnfields
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Hello again Norbert and list.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>On a more serious note, I DO recommend the Gold Basin area as a genuine possibility for a meteorite hunting documentary. As you and most other list members likely know, the Gold Basin Strewnfield is somewhat overlapped by other meteorite falls which provides the opportunity of finding more than one type of meteorite at a single filming location. That's the good news.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>The bad news is that ''directors'' are not the patient types. Most would prefer the hunter to find a meteorite on demand and that's a lot easier said than done, unless you bring a few with you.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>IF you could get permission from the ''owners'' of METEOR CRATER, which is a long shot at best, the film makers would get the desired footage in no time flat. The problem with that scenario, however, is the viewer would be left with the impression that finding meteorites is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>The Odessa Strewnfield might be worth a shot but chances are slim of finding anything weighing more than a few grams. Directors will want BIG specimens. Gold Basin is still your best civilized bet!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>If anyone wants to do a segment on IMPACTITE HUNTERS let me know... I can be your hunter/guide, I can line up a chopper for panoramic shots and I can assure the segment producers of finds that will make impactite buffs drool without resorting to planting a single boulder. Northern Ontario Canada is quite civilized and it's an impactite hunters dream come true.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>By the way, we also have some of the best film crews in the world up here and they don't demand a 15 minute break every half hour. If you don't believe me just ask Normie Jewison. He'd back me up on that statement...
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Wishing everyone involved with the meteorite hunter documentary successful results regardless of choice of location.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>