[meteorite-list] Help A Brother Out - Saturday 9/14

From: Rob Wesel <Nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:25 2004

FRIDAY WAS A SELLOUT, THANKS ALL

If you are getting this at noon Pacific time then all went well.
I'm at work right now and my wife is sending this out.
I will respond to emails tonight around 8pm

UP FOR GRABS TODAY:

First off are two books donated by our very own Steve Sachs

1) Our Stone Pelted Planet---by Ninniger. It was autographed by Ninninger in
1948 to a Mrs. J. F. Black. Overall it's in great shape with some foxing.
Pages and spine are tight. $250

2) The Smithsonian Series, Minerals From the Earth and Sky. 1944 The book is
NEW. Let me explain. Each year Brandeis University has a book sale,
(according to Guiness---it's the worlds largest) in the Chicagoland area. On
a table, I found three box sets of the Smithsonian Series. They were selling
them as singles, not the entire set. So, I picked up all of the #3's.This
one
was still in the cardboard case, and appears that the case had never been
opened, or the book thumbed through. $40

Gao H5 African fall two individuals with mild orientation combined 19.18
grams $40

Oum Rokba H6 Africa two little individuals with mild orientation combined
2.064 grams $1 (this will be the cheapest offering of the sale!)

Zag H3-6 African Fall tow mostly covered fragment with mild orientation
combined 11.59 grams $32

Nadiabondi H5 African fall 3.8 grams all crust $35

Boxhole IIIA Australia two pieces , one with Huss #H125.141, combined 12.47
grams $45

Holbrook L/LL6 Arizona fall 1.4 gram 98% crust $11

Henbury IIIA Australia two individuals combined 28.28 grams $21

Odessa IAB Texas 5.6 gram little beauty $10

Canyon Diablo IAB Arizona two individuals combined 20.41 grams $7

Sikhote-Alin IIab Russian fall 1381 grams, just look at the photo! $550

Ending on eBay today:
A perfect Millbillillie slice
A mislisted R4 that has stayed under the radar
Bruderheim

Make an offer on unsold eBay items:
L'Aigle
Glorietta Mountain
Wold Cottage

AND YOU THOUGHT ALL THE GOOD DEALS WERE IN DENVER

Tomorrow will be a celebration of Mr. Widmanstatten and his friend Neuman.
Some totally off-the-hook etch patterns and ultra-rare localities and
classifications. I am going to load images through the weekend as I have to
work and I want you to have time to shop. Had a chat with the wife and
hopefully she will be able to post at noon Pacific again.

Monday..I meet with the seller and hand him several thousand dollars of you
good folks' money and he brings me another box of to sell. These were pieces
he hoped to keep...the pieces with the numbers and museum labels, the truely
rare.

MICROS FOR SALE ANYTIME:
(*) indicates this is a fall

Sahara 97193 0.38g L3.9 $16
Delaware 1.42g L4 Arkansas $8
Steinbach 0.14g IVA Germany $60
Begga 0.56g LL3 Morocco $20

Links:
Photo pages:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/robandcolleen11197/rlst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http
if you don't see the photo then the piece has sold

....and the eBay sales page
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/nakhladog/

--
Rob Wesel