[meteorite-list] Meteorites from Outside the Solar System

From: Rafael B. Torres <spacecollection2001_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:27 2004

Hello List Good Morning to all and happy dayˇˇˇ. I was reading Rocks from
Space and looking at my collection, thinking about meteorites. In one part
of the book Norton says that asteroids in early solar system were perturbed
by Jupiter's gravity, sending them aoutside the solar systemˇ...I thought a
bout that, there must be several asteroids from Earth that are wandering and
traveling somewhere there aoutside our solar system within out Milky
Way....If thats possible, maybe the other way is tooˇˇˇˇ.

This is what I mean, there are millions of stars in our Milky WAy, which
thousands (and moreˇˇ) may have planets forming or formed, there are also
millions of dark bodies, and gas clouds, where asteroids or planetesimals
may be forming, well if a star passes near one of them or just another big
planet, they might be millions of pieces of rock wandering our Milky WAy,
what are the chances of one entering the solar system, making its way
through Earth and more important what chracteristics should it
show?????...Is there any expert on this topic that can answer this, maybe
they have an older isotopic record, but the isotopes and daughter maybe are
destroyed after several million years, do we have any chances to idenify an
intruder from outside the Solar System??????

Maybe we have a meteorite from Outside the Solar System in our collections,
but we don't know, maybe we should look closer and remenber that next time
we hold a NWA meteorite. Thats what I like of NWA meteorites, we never know
what have they seenˇˇˇˇ

Rafael B. Torres
2001 Space Collection
http://www.geocities.com/rafael_blando