[meteorite-list] Contest mystery main mass

From: fcressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:29 2004

Hello Adam and all,

Adam wrote:

>it is an "olivine diogenite".

>This stone consist of subequal amounts of orthopyroxene (Fs28Wo4.7 >to
Fs30Wo6.5, FeO/MnO = 28-32) and olivine (Fa36; FeO/MnO = 46.5), >large
chromite grains, minor anorthite, clinopyroxene, troilite, and Fe->metal
(Ni-free).

The part that caught my eye in the above description was that the metal was
Ni-free. I not familiar with any meteorite where the iron portion isn't
associated with nickel. Are there any others?

This meteorite certainly has unique properties and it will be interesting to
see the final reports.

Sincerely,
"Lucky" Frank