[meteorite-list] Missing Ureilite.

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:33 2004

A slice of NOVA 001 is in my collection, at 1 gr.
Regards

Matteo

--- "S.Singletary" <jumper_at_MIT.EDU> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a question for the list, maybe this has come
> up before, maybe some
> of you know this as common knowledge. I was reading
> an old article from
> Meteoritics - "Igneous petrology of the new
> ureilites Nova 001 and
> Nullarbor 010" by Treiman and Berkley, v. 29, p843.
>
> In there is a statement "The Nullarbor 010 ureilite
> was found in 1991 as a
> 350-g stone; the location of only ~1-g is known."
>
> Where are the other 349-g of it? Could it be that
> the finder truly wanted
> to remain anonymous? But then why put in this
> statement? Is there really
> 349 g of missing ureilite? Everyone empty your
> pockets at the door......
>

> Thanks,
> Steven
>

> Steven Singletary
> 54-1224
> Dept. Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
> M.I.T.
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> Tel - 617.253.6398
> Fax - 617.253.7102

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/