[meteorite-list] Missing Ureilite.

From: S.Singletary <jumper_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:33 2004

Hello all,

I have a question for the list, maybe this has come up before, maybe some
of you know this as common knowledge. I was reading an old article from
Meteoritics - "Igneous petrology of the new ureilites Nova 001 and
Nullarbor 010" by Treiman and Berkley, v. 29, p843.

In there is a statement "The Nullarbor 010 ureilite was found in 1991 as a
350-g stone; the location of only ~1-g is known."

Where are the other 349-g of it? Could it be that the finder truly wanted
to remain anonymous? But then why put in this statement? Is there really
349 g of missing ureilite? Everyone empty your pockets at the door......

Thanks,
Steven

Steven Singletary
54-1224
Dept. Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
M.I.T.
Cambridge, MA 02139
Tel - 617.253.6398
Fax - 617.253.7102