[meteorite-list] Park Forest - Pricing

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:01 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C2F90D.AB741DC0

Dear List Members,

The pricing of this new fall is getting ridiculous. Wholesale, dealers =
are now paying from $5.00 a gram to 110.00 a gram in the field thanks to =
the April fools joke that this material is planetary. We set up a =
network in Park Forest and surrounding areas before we left. These =
groups have come up with several new stones and realize that the price =
is going to plummet once the initial novelty wears off. We have the =
possibility of several more kilos coming in on top of what we already =
have at a much more reasonable price. My advice is to wait until a =
better price is established before purchasing. =20

If you are not willing to wait we will post several eBay auctions =
tonight starting these specimens out at $5.11 a gram, our actual average =
field costs including some of our own finds. This price does not include =
other expenses like hotel and airfare. See what price these specimens =
end up at and you may have a more realistic figure of what to offer per =
gram. We will not be selling specimens privately until we are finished =
acquiring material and finish lab studies. This is because we want to =
do a dollar cost averaging before making more of this material =
available. This way everybody is assured a most reasonable price like =
we gave on the Thuathe fall, less than half of what other dealers are =
asking for it. =20

All the best,

Adam Hupe=20

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C2F90D.AB741DC0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear List Members,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The pricing of this new fall is getting =
ridiculous.=20
Wholesale, dealers are now paying from $5.00 a gram to 110.00 a gram in =
the=20
field thanks to the April fools joke that this material is =
planetary.&nbsp; We=20
set up a network in Park Forest and surrounding areas before we =
left.&nbsp;=20
These groups have come up with several new stones and realize that the =
price is=20
going to plummet once the initial novelty wears off.&nbsp; We have the=20
possibility of several more kilos coming in&nbsp;on top of what we =
already have=20
at a much more&nbsp;reasonable price.&nbsp; My advice is to wait until a =
better=20
price is established before purchasing.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If&nbsp;you are not willing to wait we =
will post=20
several eBay auctions tonight&nbsp;starting these specimens out at $5.11 =
a gram,=20
our actual&nbsp;average field costs including some of our own finds. =
This price=20
does not&nbsp;include other expenses like hotel and airfare.&nbsp; See =
what=20
price these specimens end up at and you may have a more realistic figure =
of what=20
to offer per gram.&nbsp; We will not be selling specimens privately =
until we are=20
finished acquiring material and finish lab studies.&nbsp; This is =
because we=20
want to do a dollar cost averaging before making more of this material=20
available.&nbsp; This way everybody is assured a most reasonable price =
like we=20
gave on the&nbsp;Thuathe fall, less than half&nbsp;of what other dealers =
are=20
asking for it.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All the best,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Adam =
Hupe</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C2F90D.AB741DC0--