[meteorite-list] wow.what did start!!

From: STUARTATK_at_aol.com <STUARTATK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:02 2004

--part1_1de.5f6811c.2bbdce11_boundary

In a message dated 03/04/03 18:03:28 GMT Daylight Time, ltcrose_at_bellsouth.net
writes:

> Yes Steve.. congratulations.
>
> Your Fairy Godmother finally delivered your most fondest wish and you have
> been the in the spotlight and the center of attention you have always
> craved.
>
> Congratulations on your finds, I hope you can find more...but...as a distant
> cousin of the late Princess Di... I have to admit.. she never held court as
> often as you do on this list.
>
> I met Bob Haag at the same show you did. He is a nice man. He may have
> missed out on this one, my dear, but.. I do not think this one will eclipse
> all the work he has done in the past for the meteorite community.

Well, I for one am VERY grateful to Steve, and everyone else involved in the
Great Illinois Hunt, for taking the time to keep all of us small-timers and
European list members informed of what's been going on over there. It's
almost been like being there. Very exciting and informative. My "hunting" in
the UK is restricted to wandering quiet lakesides and misty country paths
alone, with eyes peeled and a magnet in my pocket; scouring a strewnfield,
old or new, is just a romantic dream for me. So if *anyone* makes the effort
to spend their money and their time looking for new specimens and keep me
updated about the search by emails, taking valuable time away from the
hunting, then I think they're more than entitled to "hold court" a little.
All this talk about fair prices, spotlights and attention-craving is just a
little bit petty I think. Anyway, turn on CNN. There's enough bad feeling in
the world right now without folks who have the SAME interests falling out and
squabbling. Sheesh, I don't CARE about all the politics and personalities,
honestly, I'm just glad that the ******* thing didn't fall into the sea, you
know? :-)

So. Thank you Steve, and everyone else, for taking me along with you
"virtually" through your email reports. I hope that one day I'll be able to
do the same, but until I do then I'm happy and priviliged to be able to sit
on your shoulder while you do your best to add to the world's meteorite
horde. Never met him, sadly, but from what I've read and heard Bob Haag is a
great guy, and a gentleman who loves meteorites as much as he does won't lose
any sleep over this. He'll be glad it made it to Earth in the first place.

And let's face it, the money he has lost down the back of his sofa will be
enough to secure him a nice big piece whenever he likes... :-)

Stu

--part1_1de.5f6811c.2bbdce11_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2>In a message dated 03/04/=