[meteorite-list] paint-fused stone, and...."Live from P.F. It's Sat Night!"

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:04 2004

--part1_155.1db2cae2.2bc196ed_boundary

For those who might have some skepticism about all the Park Forest
excitement, check out this pic! At 11:53p the night of March 26, a stone
crashed through the roof of Noe Garza's home, split into (at least) two
pieces, broke the ceiling joists, came through the ceiling of his son's
bedroom, careened off the windowsill (about 18-24 inches from the sleeping
boy's head!), and ricocheted off a mirrored (not any more) closet. Rob
Elliott obtained several pieces (some 400 grams-worth) of this material,
which is quickly becoming known as the "Garza Stone". I was able to obtain
a 33 gram fragment, please take a look, I beg of you! The boy's windowsill
was metal, painted a white-silvery color, and this paint has become literally
fused to the surface of this fragment.

http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/garzapainted2.jpg

Last night, if the Applebee's in Matteson, Illinois had blown up, the
meteorite business would have have been as decimated as the Iraqi Republican
Guard. Bob Haag, Rob Elliott, Steve Witt, Al Lang, Greg Hupe, Mike Farmer,
Steve Arnold (IMB) Geoff Notkin, Marvin Killgore, Roman Jirasek and wife, Jim
Schwade and I (I'm sure I'm leaving someone out, and I apologize!) all held
court until the wee hours, eventually closing the place. Even the
waitresses were learning about meteorites, as everyone took pictures and
shared their finds, buys and stories. It was a hoot! Some of the Park
Forest hype may seem like overkill, and some of it probably is, but it's
quite an experience to actually be here and see it unfold!

    Gregory

--part1_155.1db2cae2.2bc196ed_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
For those who might have some skepticism about all the <B>Park Forest </B>ex=
citement, check out this pic!&nbsp;&nbsp; At 11:53p the night of March 26, a=
 stone crashed through the roof of <B>Noe Garza</B>'s home, split into (at l=
east) two pieces, broke the ceiling joists, came through the ceiling of his=20=
son's bedroom, careened off the windowsill (about 18-24 inches from the slee=
ping boy's head!), and ricocheted off a mirrored (not any more) closet.&nbsp=
;&nbsp; Rob Elliott obtained several pieces (some 400 grams-worth) of this m=
aterial, which is quickly becoming known as the "Garza Stone".&nbsp;&nbsp; I=
 was able to obtain a 33 gram fragment, please take a look, I beg of you!&nb=
sp;&nbsp; The boy's windowsill was metal, painted a white-silvery color, and=
 this paint has become literally fused to the surface of this fragment.&nbsp=
; <BR>
<BR>
http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/garzapainted2.jpg<BR>
<BR>
Last night, if the <I>Applebee's</I> in Matteson, Illinois had blown up, the=
 meteorite business would have have been as decimated as the Iraqi Republica=
n Guard.&nbsp; Bob Haag, Rob Elliott, Steve Witt, Al Lang, Greg Hupe, Mike F=
armer, Steve Arnold (IMB) Geoff Notkin, Marvin Killgore, Roman Jirasek and w=
ife, Jim Schwade and I (I'm sure I'm leaving someone out, and I apologize!)=20=
all held court until the wee hours, eventually closing the place.&nbsp;&nbsp=
; Even the waitresses were learning about meteorites, as everyone took pictu=
res and shared their finds, buys and stories.&nbsp; It was a hoot!&nbsp;&nbs=
p; Some of the <B>Park Forest</B> hype may seem like overkill, and some of i=
t probably is, but it's quite an experience to actually be here and see it u=
nfold!<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory</FONT></HTML>

--part1_155.1db2cae2.2bc196ed_boundary--