[meteorite-list] non magnetic meteorites

From: Thetoprok_at_aol.com <Thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:09 2004

--part1_18a.18fc1896.2bd948aa_boundary

Thanks,
I ask because I met a man about 7 years ago, and he showed me his "meteorite"
that he supposedly watched fall when he was a kid in Ohio, he kept it all his
life. Later he worked for and retired from NASA. In fact he showed me
pictures of the lunar experiments that he designed himself, setting on the
lunar surface. I have no reason not to believe the guy, he is very well to
do, educated, etc..even has a small lab in his basement!
The point is, he showed me a very remarkable piece of metal, told me what
it's classification was, but I can't remember, and told me his meteorite
story, and part of the story is that it is not magnetic.
I may have to go revisit Fred and see if I can get anymore details!

This Eaton meteorite sounds strange to me, I'm a bit skeptical, does anyone
know if it is still a mystery?
Thanks,
Larry

--part1_18a.18fc1896.2bd948aa_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Thanks,<BR>
I ask because I met a man about 7 years ago, and he showed me his "meteorite=
" that he supposedly watched fall when he was a kid in Ohio, he kept it all=20=
his life.&nbsp; Later he worked for and retired from NASA. In fact he showed=
 me pictures of the lunar experiments that he designed himself, setting on t=
he lunar surface. I have no reason not to believe the guy, he is very well t=
o do, educated, etc..even has a small lab in his basement! <BR>
The point is, he showed me a very remarkable piece of metal, told me what it=
's classification was, but I can't remember, and told me his meteorite story=
, and part of the story is that it is not magnetic.<BR>
I may have to go revisit Fred and see if I can get anymore details!<BR>
<BR>
This Eaton meteorite sounds strange to me, I'm a bit skeptical, does anyone=20=
know if it is still a mystery?<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
Larry</FONT></HTML>

--part1_18a.18fc1896.2bd948aa_boundary--