[meteorite-list] Fw: Interesting item on eBay web site item#2171794657: answer

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:09 2004

Hello all

answer from the dealer:

it was found in a parking lot behind several stores
within 1/4 mile distance
from the one than crashed through the house. I t has
been weathered for
10-days which accounts for the rust. If you are an
expert then can you
e-mail me some pictures. This is highly attracted to a
magnet. I would
gladly refund anyone who purchased this item if it
proved to not be part of
the park forest meteorite. I'm not an expert but it
looks very similar to
other fragments that people have been selling.

mr.Joe Vergoin

regards

matteo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2171794657

> > > Item Description:
> > > This meteorite fell on March 26th, 2003 at 11:50
> > p.m. in a suburb of
> > Chicago called Park Forest. Preliminary lab
> results
> > are showing this to be
> > an L5 with two lithologies. One lithology
> consisting
> > of a so-called "black
> > Chondrite" (heavily shocked) and the other
> > lithologie containing shock
> > veins. What makes this meteorite so interesting is
> > not its classification
> > but rather its history. It is not very often that
> > meteoroid breaks up into
> > thousands of meteorites over a well-populated area
> > causing substantial
> > damage. Payment Options: I accept Paypal, Money
> > Orders, and Cashier Checks.
> > No COD. FREE SHIPPING by USPS in the lower 48 only
> > and $5 shipping for
> > Canada. Contact me within 72 hours after the end
> of
> > the auction or anytime
> > if you have questions. Payment within 10 days or I
> > will relist. Good luck
> > and thanks for bidding.
> > >
> > > Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at
> > http://www.ebay.com

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/