[meteorite-list] NEW BLOOD

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:29 2004

Dear List, and Michael Blood;
I really enjoyed the articles in the latest Meteorite Times, and was
quite intrigued on the "new blood" concept in Michael Blood's article.
 I do my very best to generate "new blood".
I was curious if any of the dealers around ever ship meteorites to
Wyoming, specifically, South West Wyoming (Rock Springs, Green River)?
I know my core group here have purchased some now and then from list
members but with my past winter's lecture series, and four years of
passing out fliers, I am a little curious if it is resulting in any
noticeable traffic in specimens to my area of influence.

With a larger population in the larger cities, it would be harder to
trace the effect of one or a few collectors, but in an isolated area
like this (minus the ebay factor) it would be interesting to get a feel
for any collector dynamics evolving from my efforts.

Any thoughts, either on or off list would be appreciated.
Best,
Dave Freeman