[meteorite-list] Re: Elma status

From: Marcia Swanson <MJSOfArc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:36 2004

R. Verish wrote "the Elma matter isn't a problem in itself, as much as I
see it being a window into other areas......."

Dear Robert and List,
I'm in total agreement with what Robert said. I think everyone should
look at the big picture, isn't that what science is about? Do we presume
to know EVERYTHING there is to know, based on what is already
established?
Is there no room for new discovery ? And if it isn't researched, how do
we judge the validiy and import? Am I missing something here?

Robert used the term " science Growing ". Key-word: growing !! Expansion
of knowledge, through research. If it fell from the sky, cannot be
identified, by established standards, don't you think it's important
enough to find out what the heck it is? I do. Curiousity if nothing else
has, everyone waiting to see what the results are, even if it's just to
sit smugly back, and say "See! I told you so!" So why don't we try to
be a little more supportive of the guys trying to give us the answers?
An Effort is being made. That,
is the first step in "the big picture', and worthy of recognition and in
my books.....respect. We are a 'Community', right? Right?

Okay.....blast away, if it suits you. Or educate me. On or Off-list for
the back-biters. What-ever you think is appropriate. I learn either way.
Regards, Marcie