[meteorite-list] Top Ten Names Contest

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:43 2004

Let me throw my hat in the ring:
In the reign of the great Hawaiian chief Houmanahoumana, there were reports
of great explosions and strange lights coming from the direction of the
volcano. Several valiant warriors and kahunas made the trek to investigate
the alarums and excursions, and returned to the great chief bearing a
strange rock which some guy stoned on pakalolo said he had seen fall from
the sky.

The rock was passed down through several generations and now makes its home
at Bob's Fish and Cheese Emporium. I was recently asked to authenticate
this rock, and now present a new Hawaiian meteorite:
Poopookaka

No Hawaiians were intentionally offended in the production of this report.
Tracy Latimer