[meteorite-list] Fireballs and Electrophonic sounds

From: chris sharp <casper_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:46 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Gallant" <miga_at_metrocast.net>
To: <meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 6:32 AM
Subject: [meteorite-list] Fireballs and Electrophonic sounds

Hello List,
<snip>

Living in central New Hampshire, I can recall back in the late 60's
(and
no, I wasn't high... at the time) hearing quite a loud sizzling /
crackling noise as I was standing near a utility pole one late summer
afternoon.

Hello Michael & List,

I'd be interested to know what that utility pole was made of.

My one fireball experience was New Years, 1992 (I think), sitting on a
verandah early New Years Day with my brother. There was like a giant
photo flash that lasted around 3-4 seconds and lit up the whole
countryside. My brother and I looked at each other and wondered what
the ---- was that. Took me 8 years to eventually join up to the met
list and find out. Didn't get to see any bolide track as it must have
been hidden by the roof.

Needless to say we got a few gibes about over active imaginations next
day.

regards to all

chris sharp