Fw: [meteorite-list] Plagues, philadelphia, and meteorites

From: Jose Campos <josecamposcomet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:46 2004

Hi Tracy, David and List

There is a 254 lb meteorite with the synonym "Philadelphia Iron", but I
don't think that's the same one, since you mention 1793 and this one was
found in 1860 and its listed as the Cleveland meteorite. A 930g fragment is
in the Philadelphia Mus. Acad. Sci. plus some slices, according to the Cat.
of Meteorites, BMNH.

José Campos