[meteorite-list] Patterns in Sikhote-Alin-Social Circle

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:49 2004

Just some more meteorite trivia... Some irons (e.g Social Circle, GA
USA) have very distorted patterns suggesting remelting. The current
theory is that this meteorite passed very close to the sun and in doing
so came close to reblending the whole Widmanstatten pattern/ taenite
crystal lattice.

Elton