[meteorite-list] The Year of Saturn

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:39 2004

--part1_11d.29d19812.2d24fde9_boundary

Happy New Year, what we can all call the year of Saturn.

It gets kicked off tonight right about now, until after midnight in temperat=
e=20
and tropical North America Saturn, tonight, Dec. 31 will be the closest to=20
Earth Saturn arrives - a real royal alignment whose magnitude is probably=20
unequalled for a couple of centuries, considering we still have practi=BFcal=
ly maximum=20
ring opening, and you won't get such a nice view of the rings really for=20
about 30 years, so while contemplating your new years resolutions, add thirt=
y to=20
you age to see if you'll be doddering out next time...no better yet, go outs=
ide=20
and find Saturn now!

That golden planet Saturn is midways between the Hup=E9 brothers, eh...I mea=
n=20
Castor and Pollux, the Gemini Heads' stars and Orion the Hunter...it won't b=
e=20
twinkling like a star...except, maybe in Los Angeles, Mexico City and Housto=
n,=20
and it will be pointing directly at Betelgeuse, Orion's Armpit as the vertex=
=20
of a beautiful long isoceles triangle with the twins' heads at the base. It=
'll=20
be about 45-60 degrees high - that's between half and two thirds to vertical=
.

It may be the closest you ever get to a Saturn rock in your life! And Satur=
n=20
rings it in.

Now, in 2004, Saturn senses that we are hot on his tail, and there won't be=20
an opposition (closest approach like today). That only happens once in 50=20
years or so! But ...

Start the year out right ... NASA's Italian namesake Cassini will be getting=
=20
there this coming year on July 1, 2004 (Ron can you tell the very respected=20
JPL staff to get it right, they are one year off on the calculator clock on=20=
the=20
official Cassini website (546 day counting down jajaja=20
http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/index.cfm), I hope this isn't the way the mission=
 will be run), it will go=20
into orbit, but not before checking a moon or two up close ... and then ...=20
then the ESA's hitchhiker...Dutch namesake Huygens' will take a sky dive rig=
ht=20
to a soft landing on the surface of TITAN (one year from now in January)!! =20
Whooooaaaaaa! Huygen's ain't no bicycle wheel...its weighs 319 kg and it's=20=
as=20
big as a giant earthmover wheel, and you can bet it's traveling light and=20
packed! Oops, time to go out before the stars appear inside. Truly this is=
 the=20
year of Saturn ... Before the spirits get to you... contemplate if Earth had=
=20
rings like Saturn's ... why, oh why, aren't they a solid plate ... hmmm . pe=
rhaps=20
below the critical radii they become falling stones ... and perhaps we can=20
watch some Saturnian meteors falling when Cassini gets there!! And then as=20=
the=20
theory goes, the over 30 moons of Saturn steal orbital energy from the ring=20
material .. what more perhaps the Saturn nomads can be contacted..., they ha=
ve=20
an ever replenishing source of stones ... probably not too differentiated (n=
o=20
pallasites, irons, and stoney irons, nor HED, but just maybe the parent body=
=20
squeaked by to have some action of different minerology ... See you next ye=
ar,=20
The year of Saturn (Our European members are nice to keep a secret. The=20
message will arrive on their servers in 2004...what a concept...
Feliz A=F1o
Doug Dawn
Mexico

But theirs more ... we'll=20

--part1_11d.29d19812.2d24fde9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Happy New Year, what we can all cal=
l the year of Saturn.<BR>
<BR>
It gets kicked off tonight right about now, until after midnight in temperat=
e and tropical North America Saturn, tonight, Dec. 31 will be the closest to=
 Earth Saturn arrives - a real royal alignment whose magnitude is probably u=
nequalled for a couple of centuries, considering we still have practi=BFcall=
y maximum ring opening, and you won't get such a nice view of the rings real=
ly for about 30 years, so while contemplating your new years resolutions, ad=
d thirty to you age to see if you'll be doddering out next time...no better=20=
yet, go outside and find Saturn now!<BR>
<BR>
That golden planet Saturn is midways between the Hup=E9 brothers, eh...I mea=
n Castor and Pollux, the Gemini Heads' stars and Orion the Hunter...it won't=
 be twinkling like a star...except, maybe in Los Angeles, Mexico City and Ho=
uston, and it will be pointing directly at Betelgeuse, Orion's Armpit as the=
 vertex of a beautiful long isoceles triangle with the twins' heads at the b=
ase.&nbsp; It'll be about 45-60 degrees high - that's between half and two t=
hirds to vertical.<BR>
<BR>
It may be the closest you ever get to a Saturn rock in your life!&nbsp; And=20=
Saturn rings it in.<BR>
<BR>
Now, in 2004, Saturn senses that we are hot on his tail, and there won't be=20=
an opposition (closest approach like today).&nbsp; That only happens once in=
 50 years or so!&nbsp; But ...<BR>
<BR>
Start the year out right ... NASA's Italian namesake Cassini will be getting=
 there this coming year on July 1, 2004 (Ron can you tell the very respected=
 JPL staff to get it right, they are one year off on the calculator clock on=
 the official Cassini website (546 day counting down jajaja http://saturn.jp=
l.nasa.gov/index.cfm), I hope this isn't the way the mission will be run), i=
t will go into orbit, but not before checking a moon or two up close ... and=
 then ... then the ESA's hitchhiker...Dutch namesake Huygens' will take a sk=
y dive right to a soft landing on the surface of TITAN (one year from now in=
 January)!!&nbsp; Whooooaaaaaa!&nbsp; Huygen's ain't no bicycle wheel...its=20=
weighs 319 kg and it's as big as a giant earthmover wheel, and you can bet i=
t's traveling light and packed!&nbsp; Oops, time to go out before the stars=20=
appear inside.&nbsp; Truly this is the year of Saturn ... Before the spirits=
 get to you... contemplate if Earth had rings like Saturn's ... why, oh why,=
 aren't they a solid plate ... hmmm . perhaps below the critical radii they=20=
become falling stones ... and perhaps we can watch some Saturnian meteors fa=
lling when Cassini gets there!!&nbsp; And then as the theory goes, the over=20=
30 moons of Saturn steal orbital energy from the ring material .. what more=20=
perhaps the Saturn nomads can be contacted..., they have an ever replenishin=
g source of stones ... probably not too differentiated (no pallasites, irons=
, and stoney irons, nor HED, but just maybe the parent body squeaked by to h=
ave some action of different minerology ...&nbsp; See you next year, The yea=
r of Saturn (Our European members are nice to keep a secret.&nbsp; The messa=
ge will arrive on their servers in 2004...what a concept...<BR>
Feliz A=F1o<BR>
Doug Dawn<BR>
Mexico<BR>
<BR>
But theirs more ... we'll </FONT></HTML>

--part1_11d.29d19812.2d24fde9_boundary--