[meteorite-list] Slikensides ?

From: mark ferguson <refam_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:29 2004

Hi Tom and list

Tom, slickensides (my books spell it differently than
European books) are a feature on a rock face left by
movement of rock against it. Sometimes its smooth,
sometimes not. Most commonly seen at sites of traverse
faulting where the rock on each side of a fault grind
against each other. Its a geological term of which I'm
sure you've seen too many already. A good book to have
at your side sometimes if a dictionary of geological
terms.
Hope this helps a little
Mark
--- Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_frontiernet.net>