[meteorite-list] Website / list

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:31 2004

Hi Mark, Rick & all,
        Unfortunately, I saw the first two or three abusive comments on your
site which were clearly left by the party who has recently SOMEHOW gotten
back on the list. (I am hoping his being back on the list was through some
mechanical end run, such as changing his email address and merely
"signing up" without notice of Art - and that, therefore, this will come to
Art's attention and we can, gratefully, be once again free of his obnoxious
attacks and pointless rabble rousing).
        This "attack" behavior was, in the past, defended as "needed"
criticism and a challenge of the status quo. However, as Peter McArther
said, "A satirist is a man who discovers unpleasant things about himself
and then says them about other people." - 'Nuff said.
        It is a shame this was done to your site, especially at the outset
of your enterprise. It is a disgrace you had to remove the feedback
section of your site. It was one of the more delightful and fresh elements
your site provided. Furthermore, he was drawn to your site by virtue
of your announcement of same on this list - since this person accessed
your site by virtue of his membership on this list, any and all things he
wrote on your site are, in my opinion, subject to the same rules of
conduct required for membership on this list. While he had "only"
left 2 or 3 obnoxious commentaries when I was there, I understand
this was not enough for him, and he continued to befoul your site
until he reached 10 messages, virtually flooding your feedback forum
with his obscene and totally unprovoked attacks.
        We didn't need the conflict in the past and we don't need it now.
I request that Art take this matter into consideration. I will be
emailing him, personally, regarding this person's conduct and I
encourage any other concerned members to contact him as well.
        Best wishes, Michael

on 2/26/03 11:07 PM, MARK BOSTICK at thebigcollector_at_msn.com wrote:

> Hello Rick and List,
>
> I did award this contest on the factor of much effort by the winner. I was
> a fast food manager for like 7 years. That was 7 long years of trying to
> teach teenagers to mop a floor multiple times and how to wipe off tables. I
> have seen an overall lack of effort here in America, so this one time I did
> award just for effort rather then say writing ability or scientific
> rambling. It is strange when you go outside of this country and see the
> effort some people do to accomplish a little task that we take for granted,
> like getting water or washing clothes.
>
> The ideal of this contest and the past was to give those a chance that don't
> have much to add to our everyday chatter a chance to be involved in the list
> and therefore create more of a community. It is not to try to anger people
> and if that is the case I will stop running them. In the future I will
> limit all entries to one per a person. If anyone has any questions feel free
> to ask.
>

> I would like to thank those that have sent me e-mails and those that posted
> positive messages to the website. There is one person who has continued to
> abuse the guestbook so it looks like that will be removed shortly, I do
> consider that action as liable and would consider sueing if I thought the
> person had anything. To that person, which most of you can probley guess
> who it is, you do understand that the website records your web address
> everytime you click on the site don't you? There is always a bad apple in
> every bunch and you have no affect on me or mine so I will leave it be. You
> have a choice in life to be a positive person or a negative. Lets hope that
> one day you choose to be a positive.
>
> I have also added several more newspaper articles in a way that should make
> it easy to find a certain article you are looking for.
>
> Mark Bostick
>
> www.meteoritearticles.com

Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain
Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
...Thomas Jefferson
--
Worth Seeing:
-  Earth at night from satelite: