[meteorite-list] All Stars

From: starharvest_at_attbi.com <starharvest_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:31 2004

Hi everybody. This is Rand. No, I'm not a scientist. I don't work for NASA.
I'm not a mathematician. I don't have a collection of meteorites. I'm not
wealthy by any means. I'm just a regular, average guy trying to figure things
out the best I can. So far I've spent 18.5 years as an enlisted man in the
U.S. Army. How ironic! I despise war. I have a profound respect for life and
the environment. I saw a military career as an excellent opportunity for me to
provide for my family. I served in the war zone, but not as a combatant. I
served in a combat support hospital in the Arabian Desert providing humane
treatment for fellow soldiers and prisoners of war alike. Recently I was
almost deployed again. Officials deemed it best that I stay home this time. I
concur with their decision. My wife, Gina is severely disabled in advanced
stages of multiple sclerosis. She needs me here.
I'd like to share something with the list. One night my wife lay in her bed
watching television. Observing the performers on screen she said, "I wish I
could be a star." I responded, "You ARE a star!" Right now as you fight this
disease with all of your determination, You are a star! As you raised our
children and worked to supplement our income, You were a star! As you aided
your parents, their lives dwindling in their twilight, you were a star. As you
continue your life, doing the very best you can do, you will continue on as a
star!
So are YOU ALL STARS! Each of you in your own way! Here in this list we have
people from many walks of life, from countries around the world. Whatever your
strengths may be, in each or your distinct assemblage of personality traits and
talents, as you do your best....You are ALL STARS! I'm honored to be among
your associates. Rand Kluge