[meteorite-list] New meteorites from Georgia/South

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:33 2004

Rob,

Not sure how low the nickel content goes but according to Norton's Rocks from
Space the free metal(iron w/nickel)in H chondrites is 15 to 19%, in L's it is
4 to 10%, and LL's 1 to 3%.

The test results from Ken for the South Carolina meteorwrong was 79% iron and
0.5% nickel.

In iron meteorites the range of nickel percentage is 7 to 13% for most...with
it reaching more than 16% for axatites and down to 4% for hexahedrites.

Mesosiderites have about 7 to 10% nickel in the metal phase...and I'm assuming
the metal phase in pallasites are similar but I'm not sure.

Anymore info out is appreciated.

John