[meteorite-list] Re: Russian samples- Loss Of NASA Work Surfaces At Moon Rock Trial

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:33 2004

Hello Walter and all,

Almost 30 years ago, the late Dr. Shoemaker, and a
good friend of mine gave me the original Apollo 15
planning maps. These things are huge, 3.5 feet by 7
feet in extent with overlays, and other closeup
photos. There is also quite a bit of handwritten
notes, and on the overlays in india ink thousands of
craters outlined and with hand written exploration
notes.

The outline of the rover is shown and one person in
Germany pointed out that the deviation that was
inadvertantly made in the actual flight was not on
this so it was done before the mission.

It is very interesting, and I had it stashed in my
closet for over 25 years.

Not sure what to do with it, sell it or get an
appraisal... just not sure.

What is such a thing worth?

Steve Schoner.