[meteorite-list] NWA 869

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:36 2004

Now, I cant have a NWA869 thread going without taking
the opportunity to try and get some sales out of it.
The 500 Kilo figure is way low. I have gone through
nearly 1000 kilos just myself. And I know that there
is lots more. The total weight is at least 1500 kilos.
I have 150 kilos here now (And all for sale) and
another 100 kilos in Morocco at the present time so if
people wants quantities let me know. I have sold well
over $100,000 worth of NWA869 in the past two years
and many show dealers have been buying quantities from
me and regularly reordering more.
Here is some info: My first experience with the
meteorite was when a local in morocco sent me a few
kilos and then after I saw it I agreed to buy 70 kilos
and I was told me that that was all that there was and
that I had the entire strewnfield. But after I paid
for the 70 kilos another 100 kilos got offered to me
(And then another 50 or so kilos, and then --- well
you get the idea).
But I wasnt the first as before I was even aware of it
I know of another dealer who went to a show in europe
and passed of 100 kilos of NWA869 as his own find.
Like me, I suspect that he was told that that 100
kilos is all that there was and that he had the entire
strewnfield. Other Moroccan dealers in tucson has it
also as well as most of the regular international
buyers that go to Morocco. So I am pretty confident
that the TKW is at least 1500 kilos.
As far as it being brecciated or not I wont comment on
that but I encourage you to look at the photos in this
ebay auction #2178840548.
Hard to beleive that that is not brecciated when you
see that photo.
And I should also note that I have huge numbers of
NWA869 listed on ebay. Try this URL
http://tinyurl.com/d5dq
which should bring you to just my meteorite auctions
and allow you to be able to avoid sorting through the
other hundreds of auctions of unteresting junk that I
sell on ebay and just see meteorites. If that URL dont
work just search my user id AMUNRE. I have a big
cutting session planned for tonight so lots of new cut
NWA869 pieces should be on ebay tomorrow
Cheers
DEAN
www.meteoriteshop.com