[meteorite-list] Bessy's specks and Intel's "play microscope"

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:35 2004

When I was in the hospital, I received many e-mails
and well wish cards.

I recieved from Dean Bessy with his card two tiny
specks of something in a round plastic case. Being
apashic at the the time, I had no idea what these
were, as I was unable to read read the ID card.

Having regained msot of my senses since then, and also
exploring the use of my "Play Microscope" which I got
around Christmas time just before before my recent
medical condition, I tried it on Bessy's specks.

SaU90 a Martian meteorite.

Here are the results:

At 10x
http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey/SaU90a.jpg

At 60x
http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey/SaU90b.jpg

Great microscope for these very small specks, not even
a mm in size as the scale shows.

Hard to say what they are, though I will have to trust
Dean and be sure not to lose the label.

hee, hee.

Thanks Dean!

Steve Schoner/AMS