[meteorite-list] Metal detectors

From: Dave <dfpens_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:38 2004

I have used a Whites XLT and a Fisher Gold Bug 2 at Gold Basin and the
Gold Bug 2 worked well. The XLT didn't work at all, it hit on
everything and was therefore useless. The Gold Bug 2 was recommended
by a number of meteorite hunters. However, as Steve Schoner pointed
out, you will need a bit more than luck. It takes a great deal of
experience with a detector to use it well.

Good luck hunting. Even with little experience it's very rewarding
just to be out there hunting for meteorites. There's always the chance
that your next step will be over a meteorite!

Dave Pensenstadler