[meteorite-list] Ridiculously Beautiful New Meteorite

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:41 2004

Dear List Members,

A List member asked what else we had buried in our back yard (really a 7' X
4' safe). A lot of us are image hungry so we thought we would post some
pictures of a new meteorite just out of classification. This is kind of a
teaser for next weeks special. If it weren't for the crust we would have
thought we were looking at a very cool terrestrial rock. How many
meteorites have loads of six-sided gem quality olivine crystals hanging out
of them?

Link to image of olivine cluster:
http://www.lunarrock.com/contest/new3.jpg

Link to image of polished surface: