[meteorite-list] contact

From: MeteorHntr_at_aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:44 2004

--part1_18f.1c6f123b.2c309260_boundary

Hello Steve Arnold (not from Arkansas) and list,

Steve (not from Arkansas), you asked:

"...is there ...someone who sells very off the wall meteorites? I mean
types that most people do not want to collect. The very, very hard ones to
get ahold of. It seems that we are only interested in the so-so rans that
only interest the list."

Please help me out here.

1. What do you define as "very off the wall?"

2. What types do you think "most people do not want to collect?" Falls,
finds, chondrites, achondrites, irons, stoney-irons, pseudo-meteorites, high TKW,
low TKW, individuals, slices, end pieces, fragments, micros, macros, dust,
crumbs, thin sections, rare, common, crusted, non-crusted, desert varnished,
from public collections, from private collections, ones with research papers done
on them, ones not yet researched, found with metal dectetors, found with
magnet sticks, found fallen through houses or cars or ice, found above ground,
under ground, found in indian burial grounds, in craters, around craters, in
impact pits, bounced out of impact pits, found in water, on dry lake beds, or sand
blowouts, historic ones, ones that bounced off a wall, etc.?

3. Are you meaning that "very very hard ones to get a hold of" are the same
as the "very off the wall" meteorites that "most people do not want to
collect"?

I think that is what you were saying but I am not sure.

4. Is it your impression that these "very off the wall" meteorites that are
"very very hard to get ahold of" are precisely the ones that "we" "on the
list" are not interested in because "we" are only interested in the "so-so rans?"

5. What is a "so-so ran" anyway?

Is a "so-so ran" the new type name for the olivine diogenites?

Not that I really am so concerned with what you wrote, except that sometimes
people do confuse what YOU say as having come from me (I have no idea why???)
and I have found that it is always good to be able to explain what I didn't
say, when people ask.

Thanks
Steve Arnold (from Arkansas)

--part1_18f.1c6f123b.2c309260_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hello Steve Arnold (not from Arkansas) and list,<BR>
<BR>
Steve (not from Arkansas), you asked:<BR>
<BR>
"...is there ...someone who sells very off the wall meteorites?&nbsp; I mean=
<BR>
types that most people do not want to collect.&nbsp; The very, very hard one=
s to<BR>
get ahold of. It seems that we are only interested in the so-so rans that<BR=

only interest the list."<BR>
<BR>
Please help me out here.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
1.&nbsp; What do you define as "very off the wall?"<BR>
<BR>
2.&nbsp; What types do you think "most people do not want to collect?"&nbsp;=
 Falls, finds, chondrites, achondrites, irons, stoney-irons, pseudo-meteorit=
es, high TKW, low TKW, individuals, slices, end pieces, fragments, micros, m=
acros, dust, crumbs, thin sections, rare, common, crusted, non-crusted, dese=
rt varnished, from public collections, from private collections, ones with r=
esearch papers done on them, ones not yet researched, found with metal decte=
tors, found with magnet sticks, found fallen through houses or cars or ice,=20=
found above ground, under ground, found in indian burial grounds, in craters=
, around craters, in impact pits, bounced out of impact pits, found in water=
, on dry lake beds, or sand blowouts, historic ones, ones that bounced off a=
 wall, etc.?<BR>
<BR>
3.&nbsp; Are you meaning that "very very hard ones to get a hold of" are the=
 same as the "very off the wall" meteorites that "most people do not want to=
 collect"?<BR>
<BR>
I think that is what you were saying but I am not sure.<BR>
<BR>
4.&nbsp; Is it your impression that these "very off the wall" meteorites tha=
t are "very very hard to get ahold of" are precisely the ones that "we" "on=20=
the list" are not interested in because "we" are only interested in the "so-=
so rans?"&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
5.&nbsp;&nbsp; What is a "so-so ran" anyway?&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Is a "so-so ran" the new type name for the olivine diogenites?<BR>
<BR>
Not that I really am so concerned with what you wrote, except that sometimes=
 people do confuse what YOU say as having come from me (I have no idea why??=
?) and I have found that it is always good to be able to explain what I didn=
't say, when people ask.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>
Steve Arnold (from Arkansas)<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_18f.1c6f123b.2c309260_boundary--