[meteorite-list] Dealer Refunds

From: JPBrockets_at_aol.com <JPBrockets_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:44 2004

--part1_132.217c1894.2c30963e_boundary

Dear List:

Way back in the 80s I bought a couple of meteorites from Robert Hagg. As a
teenager I was just thrilled to be able to obtain a rock from space -
regardless of price. Now in hindsight I should have spent all my summer earnings on
those "early" offerings!!

I got back into the meteorite acquisition scene in late 1999. Yep - mostly
from Ebay. I remember bidding on a Campo - just under a kilo. I beat out 10
other bidders, so I know there was demand for it. I was thrilled and thought I
had gotten a great deal. Today - I have chunk of iron that is much smaller
then it was, having rusted significantly! The price of Campo is way down from
what I paid in 1999. NEVER did I think of contacting the dealer and asking
for a refund. The item was just as represented, and I learned a lot about irons
from this piece.

So my two grams worth is simply: things change. The price of ANYTHING will
fluctuate over time. As a buyer, you need to decide when you can afford the
item - and what the real value is to you. If the price is too much - move on.
Once you buy - keep your integrity, complete the payment - and again, move on.

Juris Breikss
jpbrockets_at_aol.com

--part1_132.217c1894.2c30963e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT COLOR=3D"#408080" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Futura Lt BT" LANG=3D"0">Dear List:<BR>
<BR>
Way back in the 80s I bought a couple of meteorites from Robert Hagg.&nbsp;=20=
As a teenager I was just thrilled to be able to obtain a rock from space - r=
egardless of price.&nbsp; Now in hindsight I should have spent all my summer=
 earnings on those "early" offerings!!<BR>
<BR>
I got back into the meteorite acquisition scene in late 1999.&nbsp; Yep - mo=
stly from Ebay.&nbsp; I remember bidding on a Campo - just under a kilo.&nbs=
p; I beat out 10 other bidders, so I know there was demand for it.&nbsp; I w=
as thrilled and thought I had gotten a great deal.&nbsp; Today - I have chun=
k of iron that is much smaller then it was, having rusted significantly!&nbs=
p; The price of Campo is way down from what I paid in 1999.&nbsp; NEVER did=20=
I think of contacting the dealer and asking for a refund.&nbsp; The item was=
 just as represented, and I learned a lot about irons from this piece.<BR>
<BR>
So my two grams worth is simply: things change.&nbsp; The price of ANYTHING=20=
will fluctuate over time.&nbsp; As a buyer, you need to decide when you can=20=
afford the item - and what the real value is to you.&nbsp; If the price is t=
oo much - move on.&nbsp; Once you buy - keep your integrity, complete the pa=
yment - and again, move on.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Juris Breikss<BR>
jpbrockets_at_aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_132.217c1894.2c30963e_boundary--